12.10.11

argh

this skirt is taking forever!

my first official sewing through the decades challenge is the skirt - just the skirt! - from eva dress pattern 1399. i thought i was clever for having zippers and such in my stash, but of course this is the 1930s, and zippers were still considered generally uncouth then, skap or no skap. so, lots of hand finishing, including snaps and hooks and loops. yesterday i took it to work with me. here's an awful snap i took of myself hemming while standing on a crowded subway:



good times! i have got about half of the handwork done - hemmed half way around, and snaps, hooks and loops on one side.




the tragic part is i seem to have misplaced my lovely stork scissors, and i am really really hoping i did not leave them in the park on sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment