28.10.22

Still plugging away as the deadline looms

So this is basically my only plan for the weekend—sewing, sewing, and more sewing.

Here's what I've done so far:

  • Base dress (done)
  • Bloomers (done)
  • Ribbon tie with insignia (done)
  • Wig (purchased)
  • Shoes (purchased)

Still to do:

  • Assemble apron with gold trim (augh)
  • Sleeves (more gold trim augh)
  • Collar/Dickie (had hoped to start with a thrift store shirt but didn't find a suitable one)
  • Gold trim on shoes (augh)
  • Bowtie (do I have one somewhere?)
  • Bunny tail (purchase)
  • Style wig

What am I forgetting...

Anyway this gold fabric is awful. Slippery, stretchy, even when I stabilize it with fusible interfacing it won't stay fused. I tried using a hotter iron, up to the point of starting to get a scorched plastic smell, but even though it seems attached, it comes loose after a few minutes if you try to cut or sew. Grr. I'm going to experiment on a scrap with spray starch, but I see a lot of basting in my future. 

Looks nice though!




No comments:

Post a Comment