16.3.23

Astolfo: the sequel

After last Hallowe'en's Third Ascension cosplay was a hit, the kid asked for the Memories of Trifas Spiritron Dress. This time, I said they have to do the work! 


It's been a great project to work on together - planning, figuring out all the pieces, going  on excursions to vintage clothing stores and fabric shops, and working together to assemble. 

A little panicked because ComiCon is tomorrow, but got the hoodie pretty much done yesterday and that's the biggest part! We worked together to draft the hoodie pattern based on one they already had, and traced the ears from the previous Saber Astolfo cosplay. I made them lay out the pattern, do all the pinning and cutting, and I'm doing the sewing. 


Currently I'm sewing the skirt while they paint stripes on a t-shirt. I think we'll make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment